At Glen Allen Pediatrics, we are committed to providing safe care to your family. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak, which is evolving by the day and hour. In order to provide care for your family and keep you and our staff as safe as possible, we will be implementing the following policies and procedures at the office starting March 16th, 2020. These new procedures are in accordance with guidance from the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control. This is a fluid situation, and our policies will change as the outbreak evolves. We will keep you updated on all changes that may affect you. For more information on the virus itself, we encourage you to visit trusted sources such as the CDC and the Virginia Department of Health.
Starting March 16th, 2020:
- All well child check ups will be scheduled in the morning and all sick visits in the afternoon until further notice. This is to prevent the spread of the virus to healthy individuals. If you currently have a check up scheduled in the afternoon, be on the lookout for a call from our staff or call (804) 282-4210 to reschedule.
- If your child is sick on the day of a well visit, you will be asked to reschedule to a sick appointment in the afternoon. Please call prior to your appointment to reschedule and to avoid unnecessary travel.
- One child, one parent: whenever possible, we ask that only the patient and one parent/guardian come for your child’s appointment. This is to prevent unnecessary exposures.
- Phone triage: when you call to schedule a sick appointment for your child, our staff will ask you questions to determine your child’s risk for COVID-19 prior to scheduling an appointment.
- All patients will check in from their car and wait there until their exam room is ready. *When you call to check in our staff will take your payment information over the phone. When your exam room is ready you will receive a phone call and your nurse will meet you at the front desk to take you to your exam room
We appreciate your understanding and adherence to these policies during this time. Please follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information on any further changes.