We are excited to announce that we will NOW start offering the Pfizer COVID vaccine to our kids ages 12 years old and up starting TODAY! Thursday, May 13th 2021.
Based on the current data and trials, we collectively support that the Pfizer COVID vaccine IS safe and effective for this age group and HIGHLY recommend having your child vaccinated.
Key update that has changed since our previous announcement: COVID Vaccines ARE NOW ALLOWED to be given along other childhood vaccines without the 2 week window.
If you would like your child to receive the Pfizer COVID vaccine, please give our office a call (804-282-4210) to schedule a visit for the shot.
Please READ all of the following important points to keep in mind BEFORE scheduling a COVID vaccine appointment for your child:
- Your child MUST be up to date on your annual well child check in order to schedule a Nurse visit Only for the COVID vaccine
- IF your child is NOT up to date on their annual well child check, we prefer for families to schedule an annual check up and the child's FIRST COVID vaccine will be given at the check up appointment
- IF no check ups are available, we can administer the FIRST COVID vaccine as a Nurse Visit ONLY and will schedule your child's SECOND COVID vaccine along with an annual check up in 3 weeks
- There is NO charge for the vaccine itself
- HOWEVER, there will be a charge for the vaccine administration
- YES, the vaccine can be given at a sick visit as well
- An appointment for the SECOND Pfizer vaccine (3 weeks from the first dose) will be scheduled when your child comes for their first shot
Dr. Arkin, Dr. Goradia, and Dr. Moyer